Wednesday, February 10, 2016

T. Rex and the Mother's Day Hug by Lois G. Grambling

My five year old son Sammy (who can read very well) actually picked this book out and I thought I would take a quick look.
It is so gosh darn cute!
The little T. Rex tries to think of how to show his mother that he loves her for Mother's Day and doesn't understand her little hint that the best gift is a hug. Instead, this little guy tries to impress his mother but creates absolute havoc with his gifts. His latest "gift" is hilarious and mortifying.
Thankfully, mama rex can see the love behind the gesture and little T. Rex finally understands that the best gift any child can give his/her mom IS a hug for Mother's Day.
I really connected with this book because my little Sammy is very curious and does create havoc all the time. I also completely agree (and always tell my kids) that the best gift they can give me is a hug and I love you. Definitely see if you can find this one to read to your little one for Mother's Day.

Four out of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment