Friday, September 30, 2016

Five Little Ducklings Go To School by Carol Roth, Sean Julian

Five little ducklings are taking their first big adventure by going to school for the first time. Most of them are very excited but one little duckling is not quite sure about leaving mama duck and going to school.
I read this myself and found it adorable, and then read it to my now 6-year-old son who is now in Grade 1 but starting a new school. He loved the vibrant pictures, the way it was written, and most importantly the story itself. I think he could relate to it as he is ok leaving me but was not sure about starting a new school.
I really think this is a wonderful book for parents to read to/with their children as they start going to school whether it is elementary school or preschool. The story is very uplifting and positive.
Highly recommended.
My only regret is that I had been trying to read the book through Netgalley and for some reason the format was incorrect so I had to wait until I could find a copy to read. I am so glad that I did find it as it is a book that every parent should read to their child.

Five out of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment